Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love being natural!!

Go down

I love being natural!! Empty I love being natural!!

Post  shae101s Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:22 pm

I have an interesting journey as a natural. I was natural for most of my childhood, then I did an impromptu relaxer. I kept that going for about 2 years, then I realized it was not for me. I experienced breakage, shedding, and for the first time played around with cutting my hair in styles while it was relaxed. After about 6 months of a so-called transition that failed, I decided to just cut it all off!

On June 27, 2007 I was set free from the bondage of relaxers. It felt great to not live according to others standards of what makes hair acceptable, but rather live my own dreams through seeing how my hair could thrive. Now I am 2 years and about 6 months into my journey and I love it. There are some downs at times, but that's only due to being lazy, or not listening to my hair. It's easier for me now to care for my hair because I can wear twists and plaits, or cornrows and then the resulting outs, I can wear my hair curly, or straight and best of all, I now know how to appreciate it by having more patience with my regimens. Very Happy

shae101s

Back to top Go down