Repost: Not bald, not thick either edges, plus...

Go down

Repost: Not bald, not thick either edges, plus...

Post  afroniquely on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Hello all,

I am having a couple of issues and would like some help. The first is, I dont have really thin edges but they are not as "healthy" as I would like them. When I do my single braids (my hair no ext) once I get to the edges I can make braids but they are really small and I have to make a huge part to get enough hair for a decent braid.
Is there any decent product or natural oils, etc. that I can put on my edges to make them thicker/healthier?

And the second issue is, I am still not clear on whats a good way to moisturize my hair. The actual regimen or steps to take and the products that should be used. Of course I know that water is one of them, but what else is there out there? I know its all trial and error for my own hair but suggestions would be nice. All I can think of is a water and leave in cond spritzer in the a.m. (Im such a grease kind of girl and thats all I really know but since I am trying to take really good care of my hair I need some serious help!)

Thanks ladies…and gents…

-Foxie26
afroniquely
Admin

View user profile http://afroniquely.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

sorry to hear

Post  afroniquely on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Hey!! Sorry to hear you're having those problems. For my edges..which i have had the same issure before, I use Castor Oil (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) and massage that into the scalp ideally every other day. Also another good oil blend to use includes the AfroVeda Shikakai growth oil. Pretty much, using the castor oil, and massaging it into the hair every other day, consistently will yield results.

For the moisturizing. I like to use a spritz made of Water and Glycerin and then top that with Raw Shea Butter. If I feel the need to seal that further, I use castor oil or coconut oil. Those work pretty well. I must say however, if you aren't already deep conditioning on a regular basis, it will still not moisturize the hair, because the hair is still lacking moisture.

Hopefully some of what I suggested can be of help to you
afroniquely
Admin

View user profile http://afroniquely.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Your Edges

Post  Djeanae on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:34 pm

I've found these two products to be great on my edges Root Stimulator Fertilizing Temple Balm & Vital Princess by Nature with Olive Oil Miracle Hair Dress! Hope this helps you!

Djeanae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Repost: Not bald, not thick either edges, plus...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down